Saturday, December 10, 2011

Don't Pout, Don't Cry, Be Good


Post Script to my last:

Darling Santa, To show both honesty and contrition, two valued qualities, I must make a confession. This morning, I stole into Maman's room and made straight for the basket with cute gifts for big girls; also piled high with festive Hershey's kisses. Yes, I know I'm not allowed in Maman's room and yes, I know doggies are allergic to chocolate.

In my defense, Maman closed the door behind her as she left, but true, I was hiding out hoping she wouldn't notice me. (She didn't)

I grabbed a kiss when I had the chance. Santa, I swear (purely a figure of speech) on my dog food and my dog treats that I did not eat the chocolate! It was the candy wrapping I was after, and for a few bright moments I strewed it about for all I was worth. Maman blew into the room like a tornado, I don't know how soon after I'd begun my thrilling shredding of candy wrapping. My fun ended & victory wasn't won.

Santa, I do hope this episode doesn't compromise me in the gifts stakes. Please take into account the 364 days of 2011 that I have been and will be good.

Please refer to my previous blog posting if you've forgotten what's on my gift list.

In closing, I love you darling Santa. You're my greatest pal. I hope you're in good shape for your upcoming night time marathon. In your honor I will read my ebook pop-up version of The Night Before Christmas (available as an iPhone app) daily between now & then.

Love again, Mercury Murphy Roushanzamir

No comments: