Friday, August 07, 2015

Friends and Cars

My dear and faithful fans,

If you read my previous entry, you'll know why it has been so long since I've put pen to paper (paws to keyboard). Yes, I was truly shocked that my pal Santa (my best pal, or so I thought) treated me dismissively (if not snubbed me altogether). However, we've passed the turning point, Santa has another chance to demonstrate his devotion, 5 months (and counting).

So, on to other matters.

Driving lessons were on my summer agenda. After years of total dependency in this car-dominated society, Papa agreed to teach me how to drive. And how absurdly simple it turned out to be; simply point and go.

Papa has promised to buy me a car of my very own! I've selected a Mini Cooper, the smallest size, preferably hunter green. And unlike Santa (pal that he has heretofore always been), I will get my car very shortly indeed-- certainly before University of Georgia--Athens classes start.


I can't say that Fall is in the air. To the contrary, hot and humid has been the story of the last 4 weeks and promises to by the sequel playing out over the next 4 weeks (and beyond?). But the start of university classes holds the promise of new comrades on the journey of knowledge pursuit. Who knows where that journey will lead. Please return soon.

As always, with gratitude for your readership. Please feel free to send your comments or questions. I promise to answer them all.

Your friend, Mercury Murphy Roushanzamir

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Alas, my own erudition is lacking. I meant, of course, "missive" and not "missal." One could also call it an epistle. No matter the term, it was magnificent!