Monday, August 20, 2007

Ah, Paris!


As you already know, I trace my origins to France & maintain a close relationship with those of my relatives lucky enough to live in the City of Light.

Every morning as Papa drives to the Complex Carbohydrate Research Center, I shout "au revoir Papa."








I read books about Paris, for example:

Paris to the Moon, by Adam Gopnik, or
Paris: Capital of the World, by Patrice Higonnet

Sometimes I dip into tomes by French authors.
Three of my favorites:

Georges Simenon's Maigret books or the recently published in English, The 13 Culprits or
A Barthes Reader, introduction by Susan Sontag, or
Georges Bataille, Histoire de l'oeil
I urge that at least once before the grim reaper snatches you from terrestrial existence, you too explore the city I call my second home, recoognized as the most beautiful city in the world, with the assurance that you'll return fulfilled & content that you did not miss one of earth's greatest treasures.



A votre sante, M²
[Oh, la la, I can't find the accents on Mama's keyboard]
[Pictures of Paris courtesy of Parler Paris]

No comments: