Monday, January 15, 2007

Celebrating: 2007-squared



*************
In the Roushanzamir household, almost every holiday is celebrated twice.

Of course, New Year's/Noo Ruz is no exception.

On January 1, 2007 I, like many the world over, welcomed the New Year with a lazy & thankful delight that --apparently-- extended well into January. [thus, this my first entry of 2007]

To my faithful fans, and to my new readers, I send my best wishes for health & happiness, peace & prosperity in 2007.

Soon I shall send another New Year's greeting, this one according to the Persian/lunar calander, when Noo Ruz is celebrated toward the end of March. [expect further details as that holiday nears.]

Among the other festival days of the Roushanzamir family, Mama's et Papa's wedding anniversary. The first, 12/16 [1998], shamefully, passed unnoticed and unsung by me. This omission will be rectified on May 19th [1999] as I pay due homage to the happy confluence of energies that united Elli & Saeid-- thereby preparing for my safe, secure entrance into their world. Thus far, my treatment has been highly satisfactory. [11/05]

Throughout 2007 special attention will be accorded to holidays-squared [Papa's birthday is another example], those satisfying occasions which our family recognizes with double-significance.



No comments: