Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Mercury's futon



For you, loyal readers, who worry that I'm relegated to Dog Status [i.e. dog-in-the-manger] in the Roushanzamir household, I've provided this [minor] evidence to the contrary.

True, I could wish for better things: a fine china bowl for my food and Waterford crystal stem-ware for water [in lieu of the green plastic cat dish & water in an absurdly large blue container]; three meals per day [instead of two] with a greater variety of menus [it could hardly be less since I eat the same--premium--dog food day after day]; a couture gem studded collar [the jewels wouldn't have to be diamonds]; an 18- or 22-carat gold or platinum name tag, and so forth. I could also hope [and do] that Mama would stop dressing me in sweaters, hats, raincoats and t-shirts [but she hasn't-- as yet-- sunk so low as to insist upon frilly dresses or frou frou hair styles].

Dear fans, do not despair or worry unduly [your steadfast concern is appreciated]. Here, pictured, a green futon, Mercury's futon, which is [however slight] concrete proof that Mama et Papa contrive to construct a proper environment, maximizing what resources [admitedly scant] they possess to ensure [a measure of] my comfort & pleasure .

***Forthcoming: my entry about the friends, both dogs & humans, with whom Mama et Papa permit me to associate.***

2 comments:

elle said...

We love you so much, Mercury.

Melinda said...

I like sitting next to Mercury on Mercury's futon.