Tuesday, March 27, 2007

In My Eye [Cue]

This entry should suggest certain important topics--measuring intelligence, psychological health, to name only 2-- rather than simply the appropriateness of the toys presented to me. Remember that as you read on:
Mama et Papa feel obligated to proffer Educational Toys. [I do respect their choice to maintain 2 largish boxes of cadeaux for me] For example, carefully examine the toy I'm holding; the "challenge" is to remove each of the smaller ball contained within.






What a laugh. In, out, a ball's a ball. I hesitate [for modesty's sake] to reveal that on my first try I extracted each of the seven balls. Further, I discovered that only 3 of the balls squeeked-- and obviously those are the only balls I choose to play with. Too yawn-making.


Yes, my IQ is high. No real need for the Intellectually Stimulating Toy, psychological testing, or even a reminder of my Pawtropolis diploma earned [& discussed in entry of July 21, 2006].

Naturally, I occasionally indulge in the game to please Mama. And concommitently I indugle her effulgence as she watches me apply New Skills.

Here's a cue regarding the level of my intelligence: my preference on these hot, humid, bug-ridden days is to relax on Mercury's Chair on my screened in porch and watch the world go by. Doesn't that strike you as a highly intelligence choice?

1 comment:

elle said...

Query: what happens when a dog's IQ measures off the scale!? Please reply, Mercury, as this puzzle has me stumped. [Use my gmail account; thanks]