Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dear Santa,





Dear, dear Santa!


Santa, I love you. Nor do I forget you during the 364 days that are not Christmas. You are my hero.

It was a thrill to finally meet you in person.

Listed below are the gifts that I hope will reward my year-long efforts which, lest you've forgotten in the rush of seasonal preparations, are as follows:


***Little crying, less pouting, no whining or unnecessary barking, eat meals promptly & neatly, go to bed at proper time & without fussing, waking hours spent in wholesome activity: in short my behavior = Very Good.***


Evidence of same: Mama et Papa took me [bundled me off] to Doggie Daycare for the required pre-admission Temperament Test at Pawtropolis [my old prep school]. The staff discussed amongst themselves my potential as an acceptable pack member, then introduced me to my group, [pathetically titled] "Tiny Tots." As I acclimated to the surroundings [which you can view through the online Pawtropolis web cam], they kept a watchful eye out [not unlike you, Santa, they saw me when I slept, knew when I awoke] for any signs of negativity, espeically aggression on my part, e.g. growling, lunging, baring of teeth, etc.

Notes were entered in a meticulously kept log with special mention of behavior problems IF there were any, which THERE WERE NOT.

My rating at day's end: EXEMPLARY, the highest commendation possible. Many happy face stickers were also awarded.

My Christmas List:


1 Terry-cloth puzzle ball with 7 smaller balls contained within

1 soccer ball, regulation size

1 yellow colored ball, small

1 warm blue sweater & 1 gray t-shirt [Mama insisted I include these]

Lots of colorful tissue paper wrapping

My own gift-laden stocking

Please remember Mama et Papa:


Mama would like a 2-week all-expenses paid trip to England to be scheduled for mid-April, 2008. [3 weeks would also be ok& the expenses should include an allowance for making purchases while travelling about.] Papa would like a first-edition A Christmas Carol, some valuable antiques & a cashmere jacket; he could also use some professional-quality cookware.


Finally, Dear Santa, in your own immortable words I wish you "a happy Christmas to all and to all a Good Night," with love from your pal Mercury Murphy Roushanzamir!



No comments: