Thursday, March 19, 2009

Noo Ruz



Tomorrow is the Persian New Year called Noo Ruz, a happy holiday shared with friends & family. We will wear new clothes (in my case a new collar), watch the goldfish swim next to our plate of spouts, and we'll eat dill-lima bean rice & fish.

Perhaps in acknowledgment of Noo Ruz, the winds in Athens blow warmly, trees are in bloom and flowers are poking up from the ground. What a beautiful, wonderful way to celebrate the new year.

Check out other Noo Ruz ecards each of which portrays a beautiful aspect of this festival (click the link). Please check out the web site because aside from the pretty pictures you can select Persian music to accompany your ecard.



To all my fans & friends, Noo Ruz Mobarak!



2 comments:

Kreshel said...

Ms. Mercury ... thank you for letting me know it was a celebratory day ... otherwise I would have missed it. I'm not so sure I'd like the dill lima beans chicken and rice (you know how I am about trying new foods), but I'd sure like to watch the goldfish.

Happy NOO RUZ to you and yours
Peggy

Culture and Communication said...

Dear Dr. Mercury

Happy new Nowruz to you, mom and your great family. I hope you get a lot of presents in these days, because taking gifts from parents is a very important part of this Iranian rite. So, if your family is a half-Iranian one, you should take many many presents from them. Try it and have a long wish in collecting them.
Sobhan