Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Photography & Multi-media








As promised, the medium I've selected for my first creative endeavor: photography with a kind of collage of special effects.

In photo one, I've re-engineered this picture of Maman to evoke a variety of mental images: possessed borg, oil slick on city street, Soylent Green.


Photo 2 [below] highlights the changing focus over human history from body to mind, but without judgment as to whether this is a positive or negative trend. It also suggests travel through time and space, posing the question: is such travel actual or is it a mental/chemical process? Notice the rays that extend from head and lips, from front & back and perhaps especially from the eye. Are those eyes, the physical Eye, the mind's eye, perhaps a metaphorical I?







I hope you enjoy this first evidence of my talents as a photographer and multi-media artist. Check back soon for other efforts. And feel free to share your reactions, interpretations or even your own art work by clicking the comments link.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

You're too deep for me, Mercury!
Lucy.