Thursday, February 01, 2007

Accomplished Friends











You may remember the Gang of 10, Tribute [see: 12/01/06] in which, at Mama's request, I promised exciting profiles of of various VIPs. I have been sadly [wholly] remiss.


The commitment shall be fulfilled beginning with this tribute to a well-known professor & Mama's friend and colleague. Her photo has been slightly retouched [and her name and actual circumstances altered] so that she may avoid the insatiable media attention accorded to highly accomplished intellectuals.



Meet Rose Cleveland, Ph.D. Her research findings are published in "grade A" scholarly journals & she is widely credited with the highest achievements in undergraduate and graduate teaching at a well-known Southern university. She makes herself available for service to benefit that university, her discipline, and indeed to the professional world, all of which eagerly accept her offers with gratitude.
Equally, if not more important, her commitments to the local community and to her friends single her out as a particularly warm, empathetic and loving human being.
Of course, I count myself as one of Mama's [& Papa's] greatest pals. I'd be honored if I can similarly number Professor Rose Cleveland as a personal friend.
She's already one of the few human beings admitted to my house with minimal aggressive barking. So Dr. Cleveland, if you do wish to be my pal, please post your comment[s] in the Comment Section below.

No comments: