Thursday, August 03, 2006

Rear an Ugly Head

Pauvre Mama. She is still sick [see yesterday's entry] & has been diagnosed by a world famous dermatolgist, Dr. Greeson of Athens, with ----- shingles. Apparently, shingles is the result of the dormant chicken pox virus rearing its ugly head [side issue: do viruses have heads?] & making its presence known as an excrescence of truly disgusting appearance.
Sadly there is no treatment. The nurse handed Mama a prescription for a pain killer touted as possessing marvelous qualities, a real "pain killer" if you catch my drift. Of course Mama was curious and, since she is in pain, tried the medication instantly. Complete & utter disappointment. A narcotic, perhaps. But possessing absolutely none of those marvelous qualities advertised--not terribly effective at doing its job either.
So rather than writing today's entry about Me-Me-Me [the subject that most often commands rapt attention] I shall simply insert an illustration that expresses my Intention.
To wish Mama a speedy recovery.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get well soon.
Papa will be happy too.

Great Blog for a French Dog...

Dr. Carolina Acosta-Alzuru said...

Shingles!!!!! awful! I'm so sorry to hear this...I hope the pain goes away quickly. I'm in San Francisco thinking of all of you, especially Elli. I don't know if you know this, Mercury, but I wouldn't be here if it weren't for your mom Elli. Kisses to all...