Thursday, July 27, 2006

And The World Laughs With You



A secret that dogs with-hold from people is the diversity of our means of communication. One example to note: this engaging multi-media blog, text & graphics on the internet. Yesterday I inadvertantly let my Mama in on another communication secret--we were playing an intense game of gallop & retrieve [the ball, see yesterday's entry, Positioning Play] when I let out a big Laugh.

Yes, dogs do laugh but we tend to be wary of sharing that with folks. Why? We try our best to limit the sophistication of our communication practices with people. After all, we lead darn good lives, being provided with home & hearth, 2 squares a day, recreational opportunities, plenty of comfortable places to sleep & plenty of time to do so, etc. An excellent berth indeed. This we've attained with such simple techniques: body language & a woof & an arf. Naturally we don't want to rock the boat.

So don't expect to hear your own dog laugh. But I think I'm happy that I shared that secret with my sweet Mama.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»