Friday, July 21, 2006

My Curriculum Vita




Papa et Mama work at the University of Georgia--Athens. Papa at the Complex Carbohydrate Research Center & Mama at the Grady College of Journalism & Mass Communication. [see links at right for both] Perhaps for that reason, they insisted I attend school. At first the very thought terrified me. What would I wear on the first day? Would my classmates like me-- would I like them? Would they make fun of me & tease me?
Be that as it may, my parents were determined. First they looked over the school: Pawtropolis, the city that's gone to the dogs...and cats too! [check out their web page by clicking on the link at right] Then they attended 2 special parents night orientation sessions [leaving me alone at home. :) ]
Finally: the First Day of School. The first people I met were my teachers. Here are their pictures. Amanda sits with 1 of her 3 awfully well trained dogs. Tamela is shown with 2 of hers.






Amanda & Tamela are Tough. But some of the students were tough too. I especially remember Bronco, although soon he was tamed. Of course I was the smallest. Here are the basic commands that I learned--
Walking Properly --- Sit --- Lie Down --- Wait --- Stay --- Come --- etc.
Frankly, I was not the best student. In fact, I was in the bottom 10th of our class. I inched my way to a pass. And here is my diploma to prove it. [If you click on the 2nd picture, you'll see an enlarged version with my name clearly visible.]





At the end I had great esteem for my classmates most of whom learned their lessons well & are prepared for the next level, agility training. I, despite the fact that I passed [albeit narrowly] plan to repeat the course, this time with a positive attitude & true desire to learn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»