Monday, July 31, 2006

Chez Roushanzamir


Chez Roushanzamir meals are served only twice a day: morning & early evening. Always the same. Dry dog food & water. True I have my own serviceware, the big blue water bowl [somewhat akin to the bowls in which coffee is served in the south of France] and the Miami green dog food dish [a piece of 1950s Americana]. And yes, these meals are served on a special placemat, the blue & white folk art from Venuzuela brought into the country by special courier.




However, my own perferences have never been consulted. Following are the menus I'd prefer.

Breakfast: coffee & coissant.

Mid-morning: dry dog food served al fresco.

Lunch: Japanese box lunch or udon noodles in miso soup topped with kamaboko, egg, scallions, etc.

Mid-afternoon: Lamb on the bone.

Cocktail hour: dry
martini, shaken not stirred, served icy cold along with caviar & toast triangles.



Later in the evening: [say, post-theatre or after an intime entre-nous] a nouvelle cousine dish that takes advantage of local & seasonal fruits, vegetables, meats and wines.

Dessert: a sweet omelette

Apres: And coffee fine with a complementary liqueur. [creme de menthe, an old brandy, a special Madeira]


Had anyone consulted me, I'd never have agreed that these paltry "tasty snacks" [see left] constitute special treats. However, Chez Roushanzamir, one must take what one can get. [and by the way, Mama et Papa don't let me get at the trash--a dog's meat & mead-- either]

The final picture [below] shows how very hungry I am.

If anyone reading this blog can provide meals more befitting my standards & tastes, please contact me via the comments field at the conclusion of this posting.

I shall be forever grateful.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Le Magnificant. Poor Mercury, we shall do what we can,
love
Susan